Renae had her clogging competition in Pocatello this past weekend.
Her group did two numbers.
The group did a really cute number called "Lovin' You Lots and Lots."
It showed a couple through all different stages of life (shown above): Young Friends, High School Sweethearts, Engaged Couple, Wedding Day, Young Parents, Midlife Parents, and an Elderly Couple. My favorite was the young parents -- the dad had a baby strapped on his chest and the mom had one strapped on her back. Sadly, you can't see them in this picture.
Renae got to be part of the bride and groom couple.
She enjoyed the costume but did NOT enjoy dancing with a boy.
Actually she despised it and tried to quit clogging altogether just because she didn't want to have to dance with this boy. Too funny!
My little blushing bride
(sidenote: I made the veil all by myself...on my sewing machine! No pattern, just tried to think it out, then: cut, fold, and sew. Of course I started making it just 30 minutes before her dress rehearsal!! Ahhhhh! But I'm very proud of how it turned out.)
After a quick costume change, they were back on stage for their next number
"Black or White" by Michael Jackson.
They had a lot of fun doing this too. Renae was surprised that I knew this song and all the words to it. Ahhhhh, what a fun flashback.
My pop star darling
Renae with her medal. I think they won a 1st Overall, but we left before they passed out the trophies.
Renae with her main motivation for clogging -- her BFF Mairin.
No comments:
Post a Comment