Monday, March 25, 2013

"Now I'm Famous"

This was a conversation that I eavesdropped on between Sadie and Eric.

The setting: Eric was helping Colby tie his church shoes. He was giving him a little brush up lesson on how to tie shoes. Sadie was fake typing on her fake laptop (something we got at a yard sale).

Sadie: Dad, I just recorded everything you and Colby said...and I put it online!

Eric: "Hmmmmm."

Sadie: DAD! I just checked...and in 2 seconds a hundred thousand people just said it was GREAT!

Eric: Really!?!

Sadie: That's why you want everything online. So people can tell you it is great.

Eric: Uhhhhh, no, you don't want everything online.....

Sadie: Now I'm famous!!

Ohhhhhh, I have so many thoughts about this. First of all...that girl's imagination and precociousness crack me up! But also, this conversation makes me pause. Where did she learn this? From me? I don't think so. Yes, I blog...but I don't check to see who has commented every two seconds and keep score of the comments...do I? No! Did she see this on TV? What show is she watching? Maybe I need to check out what is on PBS Kids these days. But really...in all honesty, on some deeper level, isn't that sort of why most of us blog...at least in part? To feel validated? To share our life with our loved ones and feel like they care? Or am I alone here? Please, comment and tell me that I'm not alone!!!!! :) Ha!ha! Just Kidding. Anyway, I found it interesting food for thought and fascinating that a 6 year old interpreted it that way.

So.......if I don't get 100,000 comments in the next 2 seconds, I will know that I am not great and not famous ;) wink.wink.

5 comments:

Brittani said...

That's funny. That girl cracks me up.

Linda Cameron said...

That was so Sadie! I loved Eric's response. The "best" is yet to come.

Wendy said...

Shes a cutie!!

My main purpose is the blog books. I really don't get many comments and thats ok. The books have replaced scrapbooking for me and my kids love to look back at them. Thats why i'm a little crazy about not letting myself get behind....

Day Family Blog said...

She is too funny! I used to be sad if no one commented, but people don't comment much any more and like Wendy I think of it as a family heritage. But on the other hand comments still do validate me.

Rachael said...

Well this comment may be a day late but we think you and Sadie are both great!