Cooking up some yummy chow
Look at those bright smiling faces!
Renae starring in the Beehives skit loosely based on the Rapunzel story
The tent/pavilion that saved Girls Camp --
This was the only place that could fit us all and keep us out of the rain. It was our salvation.
It was a craft cabin/eating cabin/devotional meeting place all in one
Eric was able to come up for a few days of camp.
He was so helpful with cooking, fire starting, tarp putting up, tent taking down
....all that camp stuff that I still haven't mastered.
This is him by some dutch oven Monkey Bread. AWESOME!
Getting ready to hike in our ponchos. It was cold and wet. We hiked for a few miles,
but finally decided to call it quits because the trail was so muddy and hard to maneuver.
A fun picture of Renae leading a song at a campfire program
One of our favorite things we did was have a Spa Party. After a few days of grime and dirt (this was real roughing it camp -- no cabins, no showers, no flushing toilets, no sinks) it was fun to do manicures, pedicures, and braid hair. I had just planned for this activity to last an hour or so, but the girls kept busy and entertained for a whole afternoon playing beauty parlor. By that point in the week I had learned to keep our schedule flexible. I got a manicure,a foot massage, and a intricate braid...it was a blast!
Many of our activities were not pictured (because of the rain or because I just forgot to whip out my camera) -- some of the highlights were river rafting, a light show at the river, testimony meeting, horseback riding, all the princess devotionals, lots of good food, developing friendships, fishing, late night chats in the tent, Bishop's Night, campfire songs...the list could go on and on. So even though it is a crazy amount of work...we had a wonderful time and I am so glad I got to be there. And so fun that I got to be there for Renae's first year at camp.








1 comment:
What troopers! Way to stick it out in the rain! Looks like a memorable experience.
Post a Comment