Thursday, January 7, 2010

Clutter Bug

For those of you who know me well. It is no secret that I am a clutter bug....a hoarder...a pile maker who likes to hold on to things. But my dirty little secret is my Email...in my inbox (and other folders I have designated to hold "stuff") I had over 600 emails. Even I didn't know it was that bad.

Last night I decided to move all my email into Microsoft Outlook. Eric was shocked as he saw 600 emails brought over one by one. I was surprised too. I was determined to sort through them all and whittle them down. I save them because I THINK I will need them again or will want to refer to them in the future: recipes, funny jokes, parenting advice, address changes, etc. There may be SOME emails worth saving, but not 600. Well whether by an act of God (of an act of my husband) somehow in the process of getting all my emails successfully transferred, my entire INBOX disappeared. Gone. I didn't know whether to cry or shout hallelujah. But what's done is done. I am starting with a clean slate and a determination to never let it get like that again.

And since I am starting from scratch, I am going to go ahead and abandon Juno as my main email provider and join almost everyone else I know and use gmail as my email account. I will send out a mass email from juno with my new account. If you don't get an email from me today (and you want my email address) just post a comment on here and I'll get it to you.

Well I guess I should call this a New Years Resolution... to clean out my email inbox....DONE!

3 comments:

Brian and Janette said...

hooray for a completed New Year's resolution this early in the year! I am totally opposite. I hate clutter...and especially in my inbox! ha! I'm always asking Brian, "Okay, have you read this? Can I delete it yet?" For me, deleting read email is like crossing of something on my to-do list--a little thrill comes along with it. Sick, I know!

Debbie Lawrence said...

Thanks for coming over to play today! :) I really think you will like all the features on gmail once you get used to it. Good luck with all that!

Day Family Blog said...

Brad deletes NOTHING, so I am sure that he has thousands of emails in his account. I used to delete everything and he finally talked me into saving some. I am glad that you are de-cluttered in one area.