Sunday, January 3, 2010

Fun in the Snow

Saturday afternoon we decided to take advantage of all the fresh snow and build a snowman in the yard with the kids. So we all bundled up and got decked out in our snow gear.The snow was about a foot and a half deep.
Here we are trying to shape the body. We really had to sculpt it.
The old "rolling a snowball until it is big enough for a body" trick just didn't work.
We don't really know what we are doing, I guess.
Or maybe this wasn't the ideal snowman snow. Who knows.


The girls giving the snowman a hug.
Sadie especially got attached to the snowman.
She was looking at it out the window before she went to bed...
worried that it would be scared & lonely outside in the dark.
She was so happy when it was still there in the morning. I think (if the rumors I hear are correct) it is safe to say that it will be there until March or April.



The family...posing with our newest member.



Eric and Colby riding down the "snow track" that Eric & Mason built around the side of our house. It starts on the side yard then wraps around to the backyard. It is quite the ride.





Colby trying to play on our little playslide. It's not the same as it was "back home" is it?





7 comments:

Debbie Lawrence said...

Well...it wasn't the BEST snowman snow. Only the snow that fell in the afternoon was good, so it was about half and half (I act as if I know...but I don't. That is what Brad told me!) Can we invite ourselves over one of these days to sled down your cool track? :)

Wendy said...

Your snowman turned out adorable and you do have more snow than we do....if you get any warm days he may melt a little before march. :0)

Brian and Janette said...

That snow track looks like a lot of fun! I'm glad you guys are making the most out of your time away. Miss you!

Day Family Blog said...

Building snowmen is harder than it looks, especially for us AZ girls. It looks nicer than ours did. I can't believe you have foot and a half of snow, that is crazy. Glad we got to see you, can't believe it is already 2010.

Holls said...

I love seeing all your new adventures in the cold land! Your house looks so cozy and beautiful! I think its kind of fun to be alone at christmas and do our own little traditions too. I can't believe how big Mason is!!
Hope your having a happy new year!!

Holls said...

OMG this is Jeannie not HOLLS :) sorry!

Nomi said...

I love LOOKING at this pics from afar and dreaming of coming to visit you in the summer. Don't laugh too hard about the fact that I wore a Snuggie in my office today at work, with a portable heater next to me. I am not adaptable. BTW, I LOVE the family jumping pic!!!