Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What do YOU want to be when you grow up?

Usually we go around the table and ask everyone to tell something about their day,
but since the kids have had 4 days off school...
there really hasn't been much to tell,
so tonight we posed the question,
"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
And here are the answers -- as nearly word for word as I could remember.
Colby: "Secret Agent"
Renae: "Of course, a Mom.
And a teacher, gymnast, olympic athlete, bobsledder, ice skater,
singer, dancer, ballerina, author, artist, illustrator...."
(I might have forgotten a few, but you get the picture.)
Sadie: "A grandma"
Mason: "A border-patrol agent"
I was surprised by all of their answers,
well maybe not Renae's,
but the rest of them really took me by surprise.
I guess I should ask my kids "deep" questions more often.

2 comments:

Day Family Blog said...

Sadie's got it right, the easy job is being a grandma. Have fun with the kids and then send them home at night. The boys want action packed jobs, I guess Mason is disappointed that Eric never worked for Border Patrol.

Rachael said...

Wow, it sounds like Renae has added even more jobs to the list now that she is in the land of winter sports! Good thing you don't live near the border anymore, so hopefully Mason will soon think of a safer dream job.