Saturday, March 26, 2011

2011 Reading Challenge

I just added a new "widget" to my blog (I think that's what they are called) that keeps track of all the books I read this year. I am a member of GoodReads -- a website I LOVE where I record and review all the books I read and all the books I want to read. I've never counted how many books I've read in a year until last year. At the end of the year, I went back and counted everything on my GoodReads list that I had read in 2010. I was surprised, even astounded to find that I had read 52 books!! An average of a book a week! Obviously I don't really read a book a week but some books only take a day or two (I read a lot of Juvenile Fiction) and sometimes (like in the summer) I will race through a book. Anyway, I have set the goal to read 52 books this year again, and this little widget will track it.
Join me on GoodReads if you are a "reader" or if you want to challenge yourself to become more of a Reader. GoodReads is set up similar to Facebook where you have "friends" that you can share your opinions and thoughts about good books with. And join the 2011 Challenge if you feel the desire.

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

Debbie Lawrence said...

Woah that's really weird, I think I read 52 books last year too! I am definitely going to do the challenge...I had no idea it even existed!