Is this the little girl I carried?
Is this the little boy at play?
I don't remember growing older
When did they?
When did she get to be a beauty?
When did he grow to be so tall?
Wasn't it yesterday
When they were small?
Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset
Okay, that is making me get all teary-eyed. I'll stop now. I hope you've seen the movie or at least heard that song for real. I love it.
Well I can't close this Big Feet blog without sharing the big feet story of my little brother. Beginning at around Mason's age (my memory says age 10, my brother says "as early as he can remember" so it could have been even earlier) -- his shoe size matched his age. So at age 10 he wore a 10 (in men's), age 11 an 11 and so on. They finally stopped growing at age 14 and that is where his shoe size remained. So yes, big feet run in my family. It isn't really such a bad thing except that the faster their feet grow the more often they need new shoes and the bigger their feet get, the more expensive and harder to find the shoes are. Yippee for me!
2 comments:
Yep, we are "big feet!" So, your nostalgia about Mason getting older just makes me feel REALLY old! My grandkids are getting old! Sunrise, Sunset!
I applaud any substantial reference to Fiddler on the Roof. :) For what it's worth, I already feel the same way with my son being only 10-months old. I'm doomed in the long run!
Post a Comment