Monday, April 25, 2011

Rainstorm Update

Well I just thought I would update how my crazy week turned out.

Art Stuff: Done, complete, over for the year. It all went well.

Home Inspection: The house was clean. I think it went well...as the tenants, we will never know.

Cakes for Preschool: Done, for now, but not for the year. Sigh. I have to make 4 more cakes Wednesday night.

Birthday Madness: Treats to the school went well. You have to take store bought treats in, which seems kind of sad, but I really appreciated not having to put forth any effort for that. Colby's cake turned out amazing. A thousand thanks to Eric for jumping in and doing most of it. Here is a picture or two (I'll do a full birthday post later).





Mason's birthday is tomorrow but it is not his year to have a friend party so we are just doing a quiet immediate family party and he wants Grasshopper Pie instead of cake. Hallelujah because I am so sick of baking cakes!

Eric's woes: Cell phone was an easy $12 fix. It just needed a new SD card. The laptop is still dead. After calling tech support, extensive Internet research and drawing upon his years of self-taught computer troubleshooting he believes it is the motherboard. His new motherboard should arrive tomorrow. We are crossing our fingers that it will fix the problem. Sharing a computer with a full-time student who always needs to be on it is NOT fun. I'm finally getting "my turn" at 10:30 at night.

8 comments:

Rachael said...

Glad to hear you made it through so many tasks. Way to go! Can't believe you lived to blog about it. That cake is cool! Is it made out of like 3 rectangle cakes? What is the sand made out of?

Wendy said...

Awesome cake!!!

Beth said...

That cake is amazing! It blows my mind that you can create something like that!

I'm glad most of everything else has either worked itself out or is done. You can relax soon!

Day Family Blog said...

That cake really did turn out. I will be bringing this post to Spencer's attention when he turns 5 or 6 :) Glad that your life can be a bit more peaceful for awhile... until your summer guests start arriving. ;)

Heather C. said...

The cake is made from a loaf pan (like the kind you bake bread in). We used 2 cake mixes and used the nice rounded top side for the lid and layered 2 of the bottoms together. We had quite a bit of leftover cake. I think it could have been done with just one cake mix...maybe.
The sand is graham cracker crumbs.

Vanessa said...

Holy cow! That cake is incredible! You guys are amazing! I want to do something like that someday :)

Rochelle Brunson said...

That cake is totally amazing. Great job to both of you. Seriously impressive.

jeannie said...

Great job on that awesome cake! It looks great! I'm always too scared to attempt something like that!

Bummer I missed you again but hopefully there will be another time! Hope you had a great girls weekend!