Wednesday, April 20, 2011

When it Rains it Pours

Warning: LONG whiny post. Sorry. To help you out, I hightlighted the most important things in blue so you can just skim and get the gist of it in 10 seconds or less. But I wanted to document it all for my own sake.

Some weeks are just crazy. You wish you could fast forward time. Or find a pause button so you could catch your breath. Or clone yourself so you could be in 2 places at once. Or just erase the week all together. This is one such week.

This week, much of my time has been devoted to Art. I am one of the "head Art Moms" at my kids' Elementary School. This means that I teach art in my kids' classes once a month and then in April (tomorrow) we have a big Art Show where the kids each display a piece of art and the parents come to see them and purchase their child's piece of art. There is also and Artist Day (you guessed it, tomorrow). In preparation for this Art Show I have spent about 2 hours each day at the school all week. Who knew mounting, labeling and hanging art could be so hard?

On top of that our home owners showed up yesterday with exactly 3 seconds warning....they called us from the curb in front of the house to come and talk with us. Luckily the house was in decent order. They told us that they are refinancing and had an inspector scheduled to come see the house today. Today. So with less than 24 hours notice I needed the home in "Inspection-Ready condition-- this is not an easy task for me -- I'm not a horrible housekeeper, but I'm not going to win any awards either. The kids and Eric helped a lot, thank goodness. "

Then last night I had to bake 2 cakes for the Preschool next door (kind of a side job I do). I was up until 12:30am frosting and decorating them.

After I deal with all the Art Day (and Night) tomorrow I need to get ready for Friday. Colby's birthday. I need to bring treats to Colby's and Mason's classes (Mason's bday is a couple days later but they are celebrating that day). I am supposed to volunteer in Mason's class (I do it once a month and it just happens to be THIS week). And then I am having Colby's birthday party on Friday afternoon. I haven't planned it at all -- but I need to do that.....oh and make a dragon cake...in my spare time. Eric said he would do it.....after all he worked in a bakery decorating cakes for a year....but I don't think that's going to happen now. More about that later.

Oh, and I must mention that we have my husband's sister coming into town on Friday, for Easter. Now, I LOVE having family visit. I really do, I have actually been looking forward to it all month. But it is just such a stressful week that I can't find time to plan, think or get ready for it as I would like to. Oh, and I found out just yesterday that my Mother-in-law is flying up too. Well, we are happy to have her as part of the party, we really do enjoy entertaining.

And while I am swimming in stress and anxiety, Eric is having his own troubles. A new semester started yesterday and he was told that his 12 credit block of business classes is so time-intensive that they should quit all jobs and drop any other classes. So he did. He also injured -- possibly broke -- his toe yesterday running up the stairs. And his cell phone quit working. It makes calls, but that's about it. And in today's world, making calls is only a small portion of what we use phones for. And then as the icing on the cake....his laptop wouldn't boot up this morning. It is dead. That is where all of his school stuff is stored. He HAS to have a laptop in class. It is mandatory! So now what?!?

So that's it. Sorry to whine. But if you see smoke coming out my ears or hear screams or sobs coming from the Cameron house in the next few days.....you'll know why.

p.s you might be asking yourself -- why are you taking the time to blog when you should be getting busy....but this actually helped me to think through what I need to do and it gave me a way to vent without calling each and every one of you. Wish me luck. I am feeling better now. I know it will all turn out fine.

5 comments:

Debbie Lawrence said...

Well, we can probably help you with the computer. Brad might be able to figure out what is wrong with it. I will text you. :)

Rochelle Brunson said...

That does sound quite stressful. I wish we lived closer so we could help out. Scott used to work in the IT department at compUSA before they went under, so he's an A+ Certified computer fixing genius. I guess you could call him or something, he might be able to help figure out whats up.

Good luck with everything.

Jessica Reid said...

I like vents on blogs that double as a to do list. I wish you luck. I hate it when stuff breaks. My cell phone broke this week too.

Rachael said...

Oh my goodness, Heather, that is the craziest week! Hope you survive. Why don't you just drop it all and come down here again instead. Ismael could fix the computer. Eric will probably figure it out himself though. He's pretty computer savvy. Hope you can still enjoy your weekend. Just take it one day at a time like I do, no time to plan ahead like you usually do. :)

Wendy said...

Send hugs and hoping you make it through the week and can put your feet up for a few minutes on monday! If not I'll do it for you that's about all I've been doing lately.