Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Crazy Colby

Of course that is meant in the nicest way -- we LOVE his craziness. Colby has been wild, energetic, mischievous and loud since the day he was born...not much has changed. But he has learned how to be somewhat quiet and still -- at least for the 2 1/2 hours of school a day. I'm not sure how he will do 6 hours next year!?!

Colby just had a birthday and turned 6. He is almost done with Kindergarten. He had a wonderful year and has turned into a good little reader. His attention span is short but he can read the average Dr. Seuss book on his own....until he gets "tired of it" and wants mom to read. In Kindergarten they had a Circus Play recently and Colby was the Ring Master. He introduced all the acts and had to memorize a bunch of lines. I was worried at first, but he pulled it off and did an excellent job.

Colby LOVES riding his bike (especially off ramps) and climbing trees so high that it makes his mom feel faint. We are sooooooooo happy that the snow is gone so that he can spend a few hours outside everyday. He needs it for his mental health -- and so do I!

And finally, Colby is our Social Butterfly -- he keeps a very busy social calendar with formal and informal playdates pretty much every day. Sometimes 2 in a day. It is crazy. I wish I had that many friends!! He even has a "special friend" who writes him love notes and gives him little tokens of her affection (dandelions, plastic rings, etc). He reciprocates with homemade bookmarks, drawings and candy. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Colby as the Ring Master of the Circus.
They had this adorable tuxedo for him to wear as a costume
and I loved the fake mustache!


Hamming it up at the microphone (this was after the performance)


Colby at his Birthday Party with his Treasure Chest cake


Trying to blow out the trick candles.
Hey, I've got to do something to keep this kiddo on his toes!


Colby with his Pirate Gang from his Party.
Aaaaaaarrggghhh!

2 comments:

Grannie said...

Colby, what a crazy, lovable guy you are! Your energy makes me sing!!! I love you. Grannie

Jessica Reid said...

All your kids are so cute!