I interrupt my child bragging to let you join me in laughing at Idahoans for a moment. Today was our first day in the 60's since last fall. It was lovely. I took my lawn chair out front and sat and read in the sun. It was marvelous. I even rolled up my pant legs so my "Idaho-white" legs could get a little sun.
My children came home from school and friend's homes at about this time. Colby tells me that it was SO hot and that he was all sweaty. Seriously? Renae tells me that they were supposed to run the mile during PE but that the teacher said it was too hot and they would do it another day. Too hot??? Too hot??? Are they insane? It was the first NICE day. Every other day this year has been too cold (in my opinion).
It reminds me of the first summer we moved here and I heard on the news that there was a "Heat Warning: keep your pets indoors, don't let your children play outside and keep hydrated". It was going to be 91 degrees. Those of you from Arizona know how hilarious that sounded to me. 91 is a mid-April temperature. A warm spring day....not a Heat Warning.
So I can laugh at the Idahoans....but I wonder how long before I become one? It sounds like my kids have already acclimatized and are far along the path to Idahoanism.
4 comments:
I hate it when I want my kids to play outside and they say it's too hot and it's only like 70 degrees. It's like it goes from too cold to too hot.
When it's hot outside I can't get enough, like you, I'm outside soaking it up!
We got in the 70's yesterday in boise, and my kids did the same thing!! I was in the backyard with my pants rolled up and LOVING the sunshine and they came out for 5 minutes, claimed it was too hot and went back in. Whats wrong with them?! I'm a summer girl all the way and it feels like heaven to me!
We have the opposite problem with our 70's here. My kids have been out enjoying the weather for hours and got sunburns. I think it is too hot already and am wondering how it went straight from cold to hot. My favorite weather is the 60's though.
I have to laugh REALLY HARD with you. Only because I was the one being the whiner!
I was upstairs cleaning and my room is where the afternoon "heat" hits.
"Oh my gosh!!! it's soooo hot! Where are my shorts and t-shirts!"
It was maybe in the 60's. We do get up into the 100s here so it's not hot at all yet! Cold in the winter...Hot in the Summer. Apparently the "cool" spring is just such a shocker! :)
That's why I moved here...at least it's not hot ALL the time!
Post a Comment