Friday, June 3, 2011

Anniversary

Eric and I celebrated our 13th Wedding Anniversary last week. It has been a long road with lots of unexpected twists and turns but I am so happy to be enjoying the journey with Eric by my side.

On our actual anniversary we took the whole family out for ice cream to celebrate Our Family's Birthday. It was fun to talk about the day we were married and when our family began. I had never thought about celebrating it with the kids...but it was nice.

Then over the weekend we drove over to Jackson Hole Wyoming (about 1 1/2 hrs away) and went to this fun Cowboy Ranch/Dinner Theater place called Bar J Ranch. It was really a neat place. Our dinner (ribs) was only so-so but we heard that the steak was to-die-for. It was an authentic ranch that still runs cattle. All the performers were "real" ranch hands too. The music was very impressive! Unfortunately it was raining/hailing off and on so that put a damper on some of the outdoor sites and trails, but we still had a great time. Thank you to Debbie & Brad for watching our kids and keeping them overnight!




If I had a picture of us as newlyweds it would be so cute to insert it here -- but I don't since we were married in the PRE-digital age and I would have to scan it in out of a photo album. Too much work.

Eric and I further indulged ourselves by going out to breakfast the next morning at a local small town diner in Rexburg. It was very down to earth and homey...just what you want in a diner. Lots of celebrating (a.k.a. eating!) shame on us, but it sure was fun.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Congratulations! Wow, 13 years, way to go! You guys are getting up there! And how wonderful to be able to celebrate with real one-on-one time. We have yet been able to celebrate like that, but one day!

Brian and Janette said...

Happy Anniversary! We celebrate with a family birthday party too. So fun that way! Of course, we try to get a date with just the two of us in as well, but I definitely think it's important that the kids know it's an important day for the whole family too.

Jessica Reid said...

Sound like fun. I'm pretty sure our family went to the cowboy place when we were driving through Wyoming on our way to ND. If I remember right the food was yummy!

Wendy said...

What a fun little getaway! There is nothing better than letting someone else do the cooking and dishes. I'm glad you had a good time. Congrats on 13 years!

And yes, we are year round...we only get three weeks off the 1st of July to the 25 then we are right back at it (sigh)