Monday, June 27, 2011

Father's Day Dreams Come True

Father's Day Weekend we went to a Car Show and The Legacy Flight Museum Fly-By event. We all had a great time enjoying 2 of Eric's favorite hobbies/interests/obsessions with him. And lucky for us both of these shows were right here in Rexburg and both were FREE!

THE CAR SHOW
This was one of Eric's favorite cars at the show.

The kids loved the free jumping castle & food

Sadie picked out the pink Cadillac as her favorite

This truck is very similar to an old truck Eric used to have.
He almost got tears in his eyes remembering the good ole days.

Colby picked this one as his favorite and the owner was nice and let him sit in it.
Look at his face! Sadie's pose makes me laugh too.

Renae picked this as her favorite. I'm not sure why.
I know she loves blue....and she says she likes station wagons...
because of all the room in the back?? This thing is a boat!



 The FLIGHT MUSEUM
Eric and the kids in front of one of Eric's favorite planes
(I'm sure he would expect me to know what kind it is....but I don't)

The kids and I in front of The Mormon Mustang
It is a blurry picture but I like the name!

The plane in the background is the same kind that my Grandpa Jensen used to fly.
They had half a dozen old airplanes that took off and did fly-bys that afternoon.
It was really impressive and I even got choked up
as they talked about the amazing sacrifices that were made by our pilots in WWII.


Sidenote: Yep, the kids were chilly and some were still wearing jackets....in June.
Gotta love the Rexburg weather. Although today it is 77 degrees and perfect! 


4 comments:

Day Family Blog said...

oh man you guys should have come down to the Cruisin' event down here. Tons of cool old cars. Eric would love it. Too bad you already have guests coming up there. I can never get anyone to visit me :( How did babysitting go yesterday?

Wendy said...

Those are some cool looking cars! John and my boys would have been in heaven especially with the planes. Looks like so much fun. I lived the pink caddy.

Rochelle Brunson said...

That looks like fun!

Grannie said...

You guys sure know how to find fun! Sadie cracks me up with her "sexy lady on a car" pose!....like she'd studied car magazines!!