Sat Aug 13 - Sun Aug 14: The final stop on our epic journey was in Kellogg Idaho. We wanted a stop to break up our 12 + hour drive from Fall City to Rexburg and we found this great hotel online that offered an indoor water park. And fate was on our side....the A/C unit in our scheduled room went out before our arrival and so they had to upgrade up to a bigger and better suite. It was great!
We arrived around 1 or 2 in the afternoon, checked into our room and headed to the water park. It was really nice -- actually the perfect water park experience. My 2 least favorite parts of water parks are the long lines as you wait for rides and freezing as you wait in said lines. This eliminated both problems. Since the waterpark is only for guest and this place was in an obscure part of Idaho there were very few people there. Lines were never more than a minute or two -- max. Also the indoor temp is a comfortable 80 degrees with no wind. It was a perfect end to a wonderful vacation.
The lazy river (which wasn't so lazy in parts) was our family's favorite
A look at the kids play area
Mason was dying to try the body surfing -- he did great!
Renae figured she could do anything Mason could so she had a turn
Colby couldn't be left out and he hit the waves too. Cowabunga!
I drew the line at Sadie. She wanted to try too, but I didn't think so.
She had a great time & is quite the brave little swimmer.
Here are the kids all buckled in and ready to roll.
The van -- despite all it's age and limited abilities -- was a trustworthy vehicle.
We logged A LOT of miles -- but with our modern day conveniences of DVD players,
headphones & such it made the long boring stretches go faster.
We did insist that no electronics were on during the more scenic drives.
Our fearless leader and mighty pilot. Eric drove the whole way!!
Thank you sweetie.
We were ready to get home to our own home but we sure had a wonderful time. A big thank you to everyone who hosted us. It was so great to have family & friends everywhere we went. We couldn't have done this trip without you. I loved having a friendly face & a tour guide in each city.
The story is FINALLY done. I'm not sure which took longer -- the trip or telling about the trip. It feels like the latter. I feel like I should have something profound or clever to say to wrap it all up....but I don't. The End.
5 comments:
What - a - trip. Oh my! But it looks like your kids handled it well and that it was a lot of fun! I am really impressed that you only spent 2 nights in hotels too. It is so neat that you got to see so much and visit so many people. You are the ultimate planner Heather!
What an incredible trip. I hope one day, when our kids are older that we can brave such a feat. It looks like you had fun. I'm sure it was exhausting, but what memories.
Wow! Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I want to meet you at that hotel water park someday!
What a fun hotel. You really planned a great trip. Memories that will last a lifetime...
Looks like everyone had fun! Way to go Road Warriors!
Post a Comment