Thursday, September 29, 2011

Rewind

While I am a master at playing "catch up" on my blog, I don't usually go back in time to insert a post I missed....but I feel that I have to in this case. When Renae was looking at my blog book that I printed out earlier this year, she noticed that I had missed telling about her birthday on at least one occasion. Hey, nobody's perfect. But looking back over this summer's posts -- I realized I had done it again. We are always so busy with our trips and entertaining that I just skip blogging about her birthday. Sorry, Renae!! And to make matters worse, it looks like I even did a blog post on her actual birth date....but it was about our 4th of July and our Harry Potter Party. Speaking of which -- I didn't have pictures at the time and now I do. So I will share a few of those.

Without further ado ---- Renae's 9th birthday:
MORNING: This first picture may need some explaining.
Renae kept telling me that she was going to Russia for her birthday. Hmmmm.
I guess she and her BFF Mairin had planned a whole imaginary trip they were going to take.
Wearing a bun and dressing like a ballerina were important parts of the adventure.


AFTERNOON: The Lawrence cousins came over.
We enjoyed some M&M cookies & celebrated with the birthday girl


EVENING: We had a family party at night
(this was not Renae's year for a group/friend party)
Renae got her favorite thing -- more Pet Shops

Then we sang to her and enjoyed some Grasshopper pie.
I love it when the kids pick something besides cake for their birthday dessert
(I am NOT a cake fan.)
We are so blessed to have Renae -- our Drama Queen -- in our family

I thought this was a fun flashback picture -- Renae on her second birthday --
getting a head start on her frosting


Now on to the Harry Potter Party:
When Eric's sister Erin was visiting she threw a Harry Potter Party for the kids. She went ALL out. It was so much fun. There were 12 kids ranging in ages from 1-14 so it was challenging to keep them all involved, but she did a wonderful job. Here are a few pics -



The sorting hat sorted them into different houses 


I was the Head of the Hufflepuff House -- I had 5 adorable girls under my care


Mrs. Trelawney and her divination class


Dueling -- it was played like rock-paper-scissors with different spells shouted out


Potions Class -- look at all the fun bottles!!


 Sadie was not so sure about trying the potions --
they had stuff like frog hearts (strawberries) and worm guts (gummy worms) mixed in

A fun game of "Guess what Harry Potter character you are"
Mason was Norbert the Dragon -- uhhh, who? you got me. I had no idea.

I love this picture of Renae. She really got into character.
And great photography Debbie!

2 comments:

Rochelle Brunson said...

What is grasshopper pie? Looks yummy.

I want to throw a Harry Potter party!

Grannie said...

Renae, you look so sweet with your hair up. Fun to see her birthday celebration. Wow, a Harry Potter party. I don't remember hearing about it! It sounds and looks so fun. Miss you all! I love the Sadie'isms too!