But first, let me tell you about the drive form Boise to Susanville. To begin with, it was the longest drive of the trip....about 9 1/2 hours. Long, grueling hours. There was basically nothing but sage brush from Boise until Reno Nevada. It was the most desolate place I have ever seen. It is too bad that sage brush isn't worth something or doesn't do something useful like cure cancer...the world would never run out with the supply found along that lonely strip of highway.
We were so happy to finally be in Susanville. It is a cute (tiny) little town nestled among pretty hills and mountains. We spent most of our time just hanging out at the house visiting with my aunt & uncle and my 2 cousins. (I'm so mad that I didn't take any pictures of my cousins!!!) Sorry Greta and Ericka.
Mason with my uncle's bird
The next day we took a tour of Susanville. We saw deer everywhere, just strolling down the main street. It was the strangest thing.
Then we went for a hike along a river path. We packed a picnic lunch and made a day of it. It was a hot day so we all got in and waded.
The kids were in heaven
My Auntie Em and I
Colby loved building "sand castles" in the mud
It was a nice, relaxing, slow paced stop. It was fun getting to see where my aunt lives and even more importantly letting my kids get to know her better and letting them get to know my kids. I think my favorite parts of this leg were the late night chats with my aunt and cousins.
1 comment:
Fun. We love going to Susanville. Sorry we didn't make it up to see you. We left on our vacation that day.
Post a Comment