Friday, March 9, 2012

Spring? Could it be?

Spring is in the air in Rexburg. There may still be snow on the ground...but it is only in patches in the shade on our side of the street...and on the north side of the street -- ah, those poor "Northside Facers" -- they still have a yard full. But the sun has been shining and it has been warm (well, in the 40's). Eric says our bulbs are even starting to come up.

Yesterday I actually did my first OUTDOOR exercising in about 4 months. It was SO nice to be walking outside feeling the sun on my face (even though it was only 31 degrees). I could have used snow boots and ice skates at different parts of the walk but it didn't dampen my spirits a bit! It was just so good to see something besides my basement as I exercised. My exercise bike is wonderful but it can get tiresome. So as I took my first walk of the year, I couldn't help but take some pictures to celebrate the return of spring. Okay so maybe it doesn't look quite like Spring yet, but it is coming. I can feel it.

If you look off in the distance...
WAY in the distance you can see the vague outline of the Tetons.
Can't see it? Trust me, it is there -- but I had to zoom in on the picture to find it.

I thought this picture was a great representation of Rexburg.
Farms off to one side and a LDS chapel on the other side.
I see 2 LDS churches and 1 LDS temple in my short 30 minute walk.


Today was even better than yesterday. More melting. More sun. Sadie wore flip-flops and the kids got out the scooters and were riding around the neighborhood. Yay! I guess 40 degrees is where flip-flop weather begins...did you know that? I learn something new every day.

3 comments:

Rochelle Brunson said...

I agree that 40 degrees is flip flop weather. I pull those babies out the instant I can get away with it!

We, unfortunately, are north facers and our yard always has snow longer, but luckily there has been hardly any snow this year, so it hasn't been bad!

Day Family Blog said...

Springville is so much different than Logan (it has been a light year I know) but we never had snow last on the grass for longer than a week and that snow was the snow in the shade 24/7.

Grannie said...

Heather, crazy...on March 1, you said "winter's here at last!" On March 9, you say, 'Spring is here!" Wow, quick seasons this year!! XO