We have had the driest, warmest winter that Rexburg has seen in a long, long time. I know that we have only lived through 3 Rexburg winters ourselves, so we don't have much to compare it to...but the old timers that have been around since the flood (the local Teton Dam flood in the 70's, that is) say this winter has been very unique. Hardly any snow...never more than a couple inches when it does come...and then it warms up and melts away in the next couple days. It has been nice...but odd.
Well today, March 1st, winter arrived. The snow has come hard and fast and the winds have been blowing it in "blizzard style." It still hasn't been the biggest storm we've ever seen, but the biggest one this winter. Call us crazy, but we kind of like it. It is fun, exciting and beautiful. I, personally prefer to enjoy it from the comfort of my warm cozy home. Sadie, on the other hand, loves to get out and play in it. She was outside for over an hour, by herself, just reveling in the new snowfall. I kept saying, "Sadie, are you cold? Do you want to come in?" (It was in the 20's) but she just kept playing. Silly girl.
3 comments:
We got snow today too, but its already all gone, which I'm happy about. I'm not a fan of snow!
It has been a very unusual winter. We got snow, but not nearly the amount you did. A few inches is all.
ah man! No fun at all! At least there is someone to enjoy it... cute Sadie girl!
Post a Comment