This blog post is about Colby's school PLAY and PLAYing school. Like the PLAY on words. Let's see how annoying I can be and how many times I can use the word PLAY in one post? Just kidding.
Colby had his Spring School Play last week. It was precious. About a 100 1st graders singing cute songs and belting out memorized lines that no one can understand....what's not to like? The play was called "3 of a Kind" and was about the 3 Little Bears. It also included the 3 Little Pigs and the 3 Musketeers, the 3 Amigos...you get the point. Colby didn't have many lines, but he did great on the few he had. He had no problem being heard in the back of the gym....no surprise.
***
I just wanted to throw in these cute pictures of Renae and her one room school house. Renae LOVES playing school. Yes, I think she enjoys bossing the kids around, but it is more than that. She really enjoys the teaching aspects as well. She will spend tons of time making up worksheets and planning games and activities as well. She usually just does this for Colby and Sadie, but we happened to be babysitting some cousins and some friends so her classroom was full on this particular afternoon.
We have talked about maybe having a little Summer School class for Colby, Sadie, and the cousins this year when school gets out...provided we are still living here.
1 comment:
Wow I wish that kids had that much fun at real school. What a cute picture!
Post a Comment