Saturday, December 8, 2012

Help, out of photo space on blogger!?!

Have any of you encountered this problem? Blogger won't let me load anymore photos. It says that I am out of space on Picasa Web (the place that Google stores all our blog photos). I can buy more space for a monthly fee...but I don't want to do that. Do I have other options? I know I load a lot of pictures, and many of them are big, but there must be a way around this.

I let my blogger pictures load at their full size...for two reasons. I don't really know how to change the size and I eventually print my blog into a book and I like them to be decent quality pictures. So maybe that is the problem...but can I go back and change or resize the photos now? I would happily do that for the early years of my blog (since I've already printed out a book) but how? or is it even possible?

Or do I just erase the pictures from the early years. I guess i never go back and look at them, so I don't really NEED them on my blog. I have them saved on my computer (and backed up on a CD) and printed in a book, but it still makes me sad to erase hundreds of pictures off my blog. Hmmmmmm.

Well if you have any bright ideas, I'd love to hear them.

From a Frustrated Blogger

6 comments:

Debbie Lawrence said...

That is VERY suspicious, because I tried to post last night too and it wouldn't let me because I didn't have any more room either. But then I went to some other part of blogger and it told me I still had %25 of my Picasa room left...so I am going to be really mad if they are just trying to force everyone into paying for their blog service. I wonder who we could call to find out what is really going on? So annoying!

Rochelle Brunson said...

I had this same problem. There is a work around. You just need to resize your photos before you upload them. Picasa did it automatically before, but for some reason it isn't working now. The dimensions need to be 800x600 pixels...I don't know if that makes sense. But that is what we figured out by reading a bunch of forums of people having the same problem, and it worked for us.

Good luck!

Wendy said...

It happened to me a long time ago...but I believe I did something similar to what Rochelle described.

Beth said...

I don't know what that means, how awful that they limit you. My thought would be to delete any old ones that you have already printed. Do you ever make blog books? I hope that doesn't happen to me...

Rachael said...

I downsize my pictures in Photoshop before uploading just because my internet isn't the fastest. I save it as a medium size file, so it might still come out fine in a book, though I haven't tried it. Maybe you should just delete sections of your blog that you've already printed. Then ask for Photoshop for Christmas. :) We need to update our version so I got it for Ismael for Christmas for $50 at Costco.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog through Sis. Bishop's blog and just wanted to tell you I had the same problem and came up with a way around it. I upload my photos to an external site (like Photobucket or something of that sort), then copy the URL (sometimes called direct link) for the picture you want to add. When you go to add a picture in blogger there is an option to upload using that URL. Just paste the URL you copied right in and it will add your picture.