We had a really fun New Years. Eric's sister Amy & her daughter came up from Logan to spend 4 days with us. Eric's sister Debbie & her family (who live in town) also spent much of the holiday with us. We had a great time eating, talking, baking, laughing, decorating, sewing, playing games, and just enjoying each other's company.
Sadly, no pictures were taken. None. But I took a few "after the fact" photos to illustrate some of what we did. Lame? Yes. But its the best I can do.
My Christmas card wall. I love hearing from family & friends each year at Christmas time.
It makes me happy to see and read about what has happened in the lives of those I love.
Taking down my Christmas cards always makes my walls seem extra bare.
Luckily I had roped Amy into helping me FINALLY hang some pictures on the walls.
Amy, as I've mentioned multiple times on my blog, has an eye for all things crafty and decorating. And she is always willing to advise and help me on any project that I feel inadequate in.
We hung some family pictures in the dining room -- I still love that blue color
We also put up a bunch of pictures in my front room.
And I finally have updated light switches and outlets in that room!
Thanks Eric...we have weird wiring so I know it was a tough job...now only about 30 more to go!
The kids most recent pictures are hanging in the stairwell.
It really does make the place feel more like home. Sad that it took me 6 months to do it!!!
This picture represents us playing my new favorite game.
The adults (+Mason) stayed up on New Years Eve and played quite a few rounds of Telestrations.
It was a hit!! Great fun for older kids and adults.
Two firsts this year: I let my big kids stay up until midnight on New Years Eve
AND
We let Renae spend New Years Eve away from our family and with her BFF's family.
They have a tradition of jumping in the snow in their bathing suits at midnight.
Crazy! But she did it and had a great time.
They grow up so fast.
And yes, thanks to Amy and Debbie (both accomplished seamstresses) I broke in my new sewing machine. Amy had the patterns and measurements all memorized for these two "simple" projects. On New Years Day -- in a matter of hours -- I made a Valentine's table runner and a pillow case. I did all but one seam of sewing (Amy had to rescue me once). It was fun. Could I do it again on my own???? Sure. Probably. Maybe.
Okay, I might need someone to hold my hand another time or two before I am confident and competent, but I think I could really enjoy making little projects like this.
2 comments:
Fun New Years! Sewing... I have a love hate relationship with it. I love it until I get stuck or ruin something, then I hate it. I wish lots of luck and enjoyment in your sewing endeavors. I am very proud of your for finishing sewing projects. I always stop half way through. Way to go!
I want to see the finished project! Sounds like a lot of fun and it is amazing that pictures make such a difference. I am opposite of you because that is the first thing I put up.
Post a Comment