Monday, December 10, 2012

Thanksgiving

I need to hurry and get this post on here before it is Christmas and then I'll be behind. Again.

So my "work around" to my blogger not letting me upload any more pictures was to resize my pictures. By A LOT. I can tell the difference in how fast they loaded (lightening fast -- which was nice), but I can tell a difference in quality, even here. And I'm sure I will have to edit back in all the original pictures when I print out my blog in a book (which will be a pain) -- but this is the best solution I could come up with. Sigh.

So without further ado....

CAMERON THANKSGIVING 2012

This year for Thanksgiving we had my younger sister Janelle and her family up to visit us. It was only my second time ever hosting a Thanksgiving dinner and the last time I did it my "Martha Stewart" sister-in-law (Amy) did practically everything, much to my relief, so I still hadn't really ever been "in charge" of the whole feast. Well this year I was. But thankfully I had a team of helpers! Eric came to the rescue and decided to be in charge of the turkey. Hallelujah! He also made 3 pies (from scratch!) which saved me more headache and heartache than I can express. I am such a perfectionist when it comes to...well everything...but especially cooking. I freak out if things don't go just how they should. And the turkey and the pies are the biggest pressures, in my book, and he removed them. My sister took on a large share of the menu and we both worked all day in the kitchen side by side -- which was actually fun. I don't know what I would have done without her -- had cold cereal for dinner, probably :) Everything turned out marvelous and we had a lovely, lovely Thanksgiving dinner together.



To keep the kids busy during the frantic last hour of meal prep
(and to keep with Williams' Family tradition)
we had the kids make Name Cards to put at our places
 
Becca got a hold of a marker and decorated herself too

We pushed 2 tables together in our dining room to make one long table for feasting.
It was a perfect fit...
no surprise since this house was built for large group entertaining.

Food Glorious Food
 
Camille & Renae dressed as Indians (well braids, headbands & beads) in celebration of the day
 

Brad, bless his heart, kept the little ones happy by wrestling them.
Sadie especially seemed to love it.
Just today she was saying that she wished Uncle Brad could come back and wrestle her.


* * *
 
 On Saturday we took the kids over to the school playground (just 2 houses away) for a little while.
It was pretty cold, but we bundled them up and headed out for some fresh air and exercise.

Janelle is such a good sport. She was climbing, sliding, and pushing kids in the swings
like she was a youngster herself.
 I was lazy and stuck behind the camera the whole time.

 
Little Spencer immediately took his shoes off -- must be a park habit.
But it was freezing, so shoes had to go back on!
 

Ahhhhh, to be young again and swing until you practically touch the sky
 

This one was really sweet of the 4 girls.
They all played so nicely together all weekend.
 
 
Colby, pausing to look sweet and innocent before...

He leaps off the slide in a series of dare-devil stunts



What a little crazy boy!
 
 
Sadly, Eric had to work the Wednesday before and the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving so we didn't see much of him that weekend. His job does most of its business this time of year and he has worked long hours and been insanely busy. Because of this, we will probably always have to stay home in Rexburg for Thanksgiving, which isn't such a bad thing. I'm just going to have to get better (and calmer) about hosting big events such as this.
 
I never took the time to make an "I'm Thankful For" list like I usually do. But just know that at or near the top of my list is all the wonderful friends and family I have.
That means YOU!
 
 

3 comments:

Brian and Janette said...

I think to solve your problem, you can just erase the photos from your picasa album. There's no need to store them there if you have the pics saved else where. And as far as I know, that won't erase any pictures that you've previously posted on your blog. This probably goes without saying...but I'm guessing you've googled this problem, already? If not, I'd definitely start there. I had this problem a long, long time ago, and it seems like I just had to erase the photos that got uploaded to my picasa album. Anyway...good luck and glad you had a great Thanksgiving!

Heather C. said...

Nope, it DOES remove them off the blog if you delete them in the Picassa Web album. I tried it out on my families private blog. Where the pictures used to be on the blog is now just black space with a little white circle in it (or something like that). But the shrinking pics will work for now. I did look around on google a bit for helpful ideas....but not very thoroughly.

Rochelle Brunson said...

I was going to mention that you shouldn't erase because it doesn't solve the problem, but I forgot. Sorry I didn't get back to you on how to resize. Its been crazy busy around here. Looks like you got it figured out!