Tuesday, August 13, 2013

4th of July

We had a VERY low key 4th of July this year. I had just gotten back from Girls' Camp the night before so we kept it simple out of necessity. It was also our first 4th of July since moving to Rexburg that we didn't have visitors.

Of course we went to the parade in the morning. We love the Rexburg 4th of July parade! The kids always have such a fun time chasing after candy (everyone in the parade throws candy) and seeing people they know in the parade. It was great to see Mason marching by in the Summer Band.

Waiting for the parade to start. My girls were being grumpy...and the sun was pretty hot!! 
I guess we are turning into Idahoans who are wimpy about the heat.



We went home and just "crashed for the day" -- we watched National Treasure (our nod to patriotism) and I may have taken a nap. I was exhausted and the whole day is a big foggy to me. Girls' Camp left me tuckered out!!


In the evening we went outside to do our own fireworks in the street. The light was starting to fade, but I decided to snap some shots of the kids. Man, they grow up fast!!!






Eric and the kids had a great time lighting fireworks. We didn't buy many, but our neighbors across the street had plenty and we watched theirs as well. And someone a bit farther up the street was setting off some really impressive (probably illegal) ones -- and those were REALLY fun to watch as well. We had some ice cream cones in the dark and called it a night. It was a nice, relaxing holiday.


 I know I don't have my shutterspeed set just right -- but I was experimenting. 
I thought they were still pretty cool shots, even if the kids are totally blurry.




Happy 4th of July -- hopefully Girls' Camp will not be the same week next year so we can play host to someone. Get your reservation in early...we love having guests for the 4th.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Hey, I wanna come for the 4th next year! It's gonna be on a Friday I think so that would make it a nice weekend trip. Let's keep our fingers crossed that neither of our girls camps is that week. We may have to bring some fireworks. There are really big ones for sale here now, not sure if they're legal in your state. :)