Unlike our last reunion, I tried to keep my "Planning Obsession" under control and we kept it low key and local. Basically we decided each morning what we would do that day. It actually worked out pretty well for the most part. Some of the activities we did included:
an afternoon at Rexburg Rapids (our local water park)
a summer movie at the Dollar Movie for all the little kids
a boys day out off-roading and caving adventure
a girls day out pedicure and manicure adventure (and some yummy Kiwi Loco)
a super fun 'Extreme White Elephant Gift Exchange' (we came home with one of the most coveted prizes -- Star Wars vinyl decals for your car! Aren't you jealous!?!)
an evening at the park: BBQ and kite flying
adults went out to lunch and did some shopping while the teens watched the little ones
a visit to our school playground
family pictures -- of course!!
adults' game night at Debbie's house (with more Kiwi Loco)
That's all I can remember. But there was plenty of sitting around and chatting too. Which we all love to do. Oh, I think there were even some sewing projects and singing around the piano going on -- two things that would never happen with my family -- but I love it. I think we had 37 people here (24 stayed at my house and 13 at Debbie's house) -- but my numbers may be off a bit. We pitched tents in the backyard and tucked people in just about everywhere. It was tons of fun...really! We ate all our lunches and dinners together. We had a different family in charge of each meal which was AWESOME! I loved not feeling like the hostess the whole time. I actually got to sit back and relax at meal times (except for the night I was in charge). It made a huge difference in my stress level and my enjoyment level of the reunion in general.
I know what you are thinking...where are the pictures?? Well, I have this bad habit. When people with really nice cameras who really know how to take amazing pictures are around...I tend to not even get out my camera. I have a few pictures that I took and a few more that I have grabbed from Erin, but not much yet. My sisters in law (Erin & Debbie) took thousands and thousands of pictures, so that takes a long time to go through. I will come back later and post more (for my own blog history) -- so if you care, check back in a few weeks and there may be more pictures.
A couple Rexburg Rapid pictures -- Mark's son and Amy's daughter
Sadie being a ferocious animal -- what else?
Erin's youngest playing dress up in my backyard -- the little girls spent hours doing this
The boys and their technology. Sigh.
Debbie's, Erin's and my son.
The adults out to lunch at Gator Jack's
(someone must have a better picture of this! Email it to me if you do, please)
The whole gang, minus Erin who is behind the camera
(she is going to photoshop herself in later)
and of course minus those who could not be in attendance
Just the cousins!!! What fun they had and memories they made
Stay tuned for more pictures.....








1 comment:
Wow, that sounds like it was fun! Can't believe it's been 3 years since you did that before. I thought you'd been doing it every year.
Post a Comment