Monday, August 5, 2013

Father's Day (and Mother's Day)


This year our Father's Day was a little different. It was the first day of our large Cameron Family Reunion at our home in Rexburg (more about that soon). So we did our Father's Day celebrations earlier. Eric and I had a nice date (we went to a movie) and we had a nice dinner at home with the family as well. The highlight though was our trip to the Legacy Flight museum. Every year around Father's Day they let you in for free admission and do an air show. This year they offered a free breakfast as well. Eric loves all things to do with planes so even though the air show wasn't much of a show this year, we still had a great time together.

I just wanted to put in a little blurb about Mother's Day as well (since I noticed I skipped it). I had the BEST Mother's Day ever this year. I honestly don't remember the details of it already (sad), but I just remember feeling really loved and appreciated and pampered on that day. Eric and the kids really went all out to give me a true "day off" and to make me feel special. So maybe I don't remember exactly what I did, but I can tell you what I didn't do -- make meals or do dishes. That in and of itself was wonderful and made my day.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I am with on forgetting the details. I have to do it within a few days or I forget it all, then I get behind and discouraged and don't want to do it. Thats where I am at with my blog books, behind I need to print them out but its a lot of work. I'll get there.