Monday, August 12, 2013

Kids Did Stuff

This is my all encompassing blog post about the different things my kids were involved in this past school year. Some of which is photographed...some is not. But since this is a "Family History Record" I figured I ought to at least mention it.

Mason --
Band: Mason was the 1st Chair in Trumpet for most of the year. He was also in a Jazz Band that met before school 3 times a week. He also did summer band this year and marched in the 4th of July parade (picture on 4th of July post).

Boy Scouts: Mason is very active in his Scout troop. They meet once a week and they camp once a month...all year long. Mason just advanced to the rank of Life Scout. Yipee!!! Only one more rank to go -- the revered Eagle Scout rank.


Renae --
Clogging: Renae did her second and maybe final year of clogging. She just can't decide if she loves it enough to put in the time and effort to advance to the next level. But she has had a fun time doing it, and I'll admit, I love watching it!

Piano: Renae has really blossomed on the piano this year. Having a piano this summer has really helped her progress. She plays it "for fun" all the time now, but still doesn't enjoy lessons and practicing (who does?)

Reading: Renae has really become an avid reader this year. If we ever can't find Renae she is usually off in my bed, reading. She also spends about an hour reading each night in bed and if it is a "sleep in" morning, she will read for a bit before getting up. Her new favorite series are Percy Jackson and the Olympians and The Heroes of Olympus.


Colby --
Cub Scouts: Colby has recently joined the wonderful world of Cub Scouts. He hasn't fallen in love with it yet, but I think once he gets more comfortable, he'll learn to love it...I hope.


Soccer: Colby is playing his first "real" season of soccer. He played a bit when he was young (like 3 or 4) but that was mostly just rolling around in the grass. He is really starting to understand the rules and get the point of it. He is enjoying it more and more each week and even scored a goal or two before the season was over.



Sadie --
Daisies: Sadie became a Daisy Girl Scout this year. She has had a lot of fun doing it and likes being involved in something. She did NOT enjoy cookies sales (although I thought it was kind of fun -- call me crazy!) But it has been good for her to have something special that only she is involved in.
I really enjoyed cookie sales (call me crazy!) 
This was our favorite door that we knocked!!!

Swim Lessons: My youngest 3 kids all took swim lessons. They enjoyed them, but for Sadie, it was one of the highlights of her summer. She LOVES swimming and talked about it all the time. She is our little fish!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Oh my gosh, I love that Thin Mints door! I wanna get that on my door! Looks like your kids have been busy doing great stuff.