Sunday, August 25, 2013

Yellowstone Reunion -- Williams style (part 1)

So my family had a Reunion this summer as well. In the perfect world Eric and I would have family reunions on alternating years...but in both 2010 and 2013 we had large family reunions with both sides of our family. What can you do? We love seeing our family and we are always up for a get together!!

My family rented a cabin just outside of West Yellowstone for half a week. The cabin was my good friend's family cabin. It is an older cabin without some of the modern conveniences (dishwasher, clothes dryer, etc) but it is huge and was a great place to gather with my family.

The cabin on the hill with the quaint little pond in front of it


 A view of the loft room with its 15 pull down beds...the kids loved this room. 
They got less sleep than they would in traditional rooms...but oh, the memories!!

DAY ONE: We arrived in the late afternoon, got settled in, made dinner and then got ready for family pictures. Eric's amazing and kind sister Debbie came up from Rexburg to take our pictures. The weather was NOT cooperating -- it was windy and on and off raining, but we persevered and ended up with some GREAT shots. I will include those in a separate post.

The rest of the evening was spent relaxing and unwinding in a variety of ways:

 My sister got a new camera so we played "photographer" for awhile that first night
I am NOT an expert, but I tried to teach her some of the basics that I had learned in my class.
It was fun and we had some awesome subjects to photograph -- cute kids and amazing scenery


That night the kids (and a few adults) watched Brave
 I believe it was the only time we turned on the TV the whole week.

 This was a VERY common sight all week...the men folk finding a quiet spot and reading
This may seem odd to some families, but not in mine


There was an old-homemade play structure on the property...
this entertained the kids for hours on end
especially the teeter-totter

It was a short, but sweet first day of our Family Reunion. Stay tuned for more...


No comments: