Today was the first day of school for my kids. And it is the first full day in 13+ years that I have no kids at home all day. None. How weird is that??? Some of you may be wondering what in the world that would feel like -- here is my take on it:
the house is eerily quiet
I met my husband for a lunch date on a Wednesday afternoon
I browsed the library in solitude to find just the right book
I feel a tiny bit guilty about the freedom (does that make any sense?)
I have a HUGE To-Do list, but I feel overwhelmed and almost paralyzed by all the possibilities of what I could/should do...where to begin?? Blogging, deep cleaning, laundry, scripture reading, grocery shopping, napping, just-for-fun reading, crafts, balance checkbook, PTO responsibilities (I'm the PTO Secretary at 2 schools), make cookies for the new neighbors, de-clutter my desk, yard work, dishes....see what I mean!?! And these are all things that actually made the list of things that I need/want to do. I guess I just need to take a deep breath, make a list, and attack it one thing at a time. Pace myself and realize that I don't need to accomplish everything in my first day of "alone time." This is my new reality. It is going to be weird and take some getting used to...but a good weird!!
4 comments:
Enjoy it! I am amazed at how quickly those hours pass! I never get as much done as I should or could but it is fun to get things done on my timeline without interruptions! My favorite thing I do for me is hit the temple weekly! Rejuvenates me!
I'm jealous of that free time....I have so many projects!
I hear ya, even with kids at school, it is hard to get motivated and organized, and you still can't do it all. I just realized that having alone time takes away the guilt of ignoring your kids while you get things done, but it does not actually add hours to your day--go figure!
Jealous. Enjoy for a few days then hit the list, one thing at a time.
Post a Comment