Sunday, March 2, 2014

Daddy-Daughter Dance minus the Daddy

The Middle School PTO (that's me!) throws a Daddy-Daughter Dance in February. This year's theme was My Heart Belongs to Daddy. A small group of amazing women put it together and this year it was a smashing success. I didn't do much of the prep work but I worked at the food table all night.

Sadly...no tragically...Eric was sick that day. Super sick...like can't get out of bed, everything hurts, and can't keep anything down sick. So Renae had to go to the Daddy Daughter Dance without her daddy. She could have stayed home I guess, but I had to be there anyway, so she just came and helped me out with keeping the food table stocked and the water pitchers filled. She went and danced with her friends a few times as well. I think she still had a good time, but missed her daddy.

Instead of paying a photographer to take professional pictures this year, we had someone set up self-service "photo booths". Couples could pose at the different stations and have someone take their picture on their own camera or phone. It turned out really well. Renae had a blast posing!








This one was just TOO much fun!!!! Silly girl.
Renae posed with me in the picture frame. And then she drew a chalk drawing of her dad and posed with it instead. We texted it to Eric and told him that we wished he were here.






1 comment:

Day Family Blog said...

Looks like the PTO (you) did a great job. And it looks like Renae still had fun!