Saturday, March 15, 2014

Sadie's 1st Major Haircut




B
E
F
O
R
E







The first big snip


A
F
T
E
R






THE STORY: (There is always a story, right?) So out of the blue a few weeks ago, Sadie told me she wanted her hair cut. She had been "growing it out" for years and always said she wanted it to grow to her waist. But she has a very tender head and cries almost every time I brush it. I am always trying to convince her to cut it. Well she was finally willing. She has had trims before, but never anything drastic. I meant to take her to a real salon (or at least the beauty school) but I kept forgetting to call. Last Saturday night she brought it up again. So I figured I would try to cut it. I didn't want to go TOO short, so that in case I butchered it I could still take it somewhere to be fixed. 
It definitely isn't perfect...I should probably go over it again and even some parts out...but she is very happy with it and it looks really cute on her...especially when we curl it. I know that real beauticians can probably tell me right now -- 10 things I did wrong -- but she is in first grade and she doesn't care and I am fine with it too.
 

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Wow, you are brave, Sadie and Heather! It looks good though.