Sunday, March 2, 2014

Playing Hooky

For Eric's birthday we decided to play hooky for the day. We both took off work, sent the kids to school, and had the day to ourselves. It was an ingenious plan that I never would have thought of (thanks for the idea Kenny and Brit). I think we will make it an annual, or semi-annual, or maybe even quarterly tradition!!!

We started off by going out to breakfast (Eric's favorite meal to eat out for). We went to a local diner. It wasn't much to look at, but the food was good and we almost had the place to ourselves. I guess everyone else in town was being responsible and going to work. Tee!hee!

After breakfast we did a little grocery shopping and then went and saw The Lego Movie. This time we really did have the place to ourselves. There was no one else in the theater! It was awesome....but you know "Everything is Awesome...." (if you've seen the movie you know what I'm referring to).
We had a nice quiet dinner at home with the kids with a delicious Tillamook Mudslide Pie for dessert. Yum!

Happy Birthday to a wonderful husband, father, and companion. I'm so glad to have him by my side in this roller coaster called life.

1 comment:

Day Family Blog said...

If I could just stop having kids than maybe I could try this too!! :) Sounds like you both had relaxingly nice birthdays!