Monday, October 3, 2011

Huckleberry Picking

We had our annual Huckleberry Hunt in mid August.
It was a GOOD year for Huckleberries.


The kids have a great time hunting for and picking the small bright berries.


Eric was holding the bucket, showing our loot


You have to get down and dirty to be a Huckleberry picker

We went with our friends -- the Jordans
We all had a great time. The kids tire easily so a couple of hours was plenty.
Our haul was better than last year & we were able to make:
Huckleberry Shakes
Huckleberry Streusel Cake
Huckleberry Cheesecake
Huckleberry/Raspberry Jam


We wore out lil Sadie.
I also had to document this because Sadie claims she never sleeps!
Every morning she says, "I was awake all night."

1 comment:

Rochelle Brunson said...

I don't even know what a huckleberry is, but that looks like a fun family activity.