I must interrupt the Summer Saga Series to tell you this conversation I had with Colby today. If I don't write (type) it down I will forget it.
C: I don't ever want to get married.
Me: Why?
C: Because when I travel, I will be walking or running. I won't be driving a car.
Me: Hmmmmm. So you wouldn't have room for a family?
C: No. Even when I go from town to town. I'll be walking & running. I'm going to be a Secret Ninja Warrior, ya know.
Me: Right. I know. But don't you want to be a dad someday? It is so great to have kids to play with and raise and wrestle with. (I was grasping at straws. I mean really, what would make a 5 year old boy want to be married and that's fine, but I was trying to stand up for the institution of marriage!)
C: Okay. I'll do it for the wrestling.
Me: (Trying not to laugh) Sounds good.
C: But I am NOT kissing any girls.
Me: Well you don't have to unless you want to.
C: And DEFINITELY NOT true love's kiss!!!
I wonder how long that attitude will last?
5 comments:
That is SOOOO funny! Kids are great!
That is adorable. I am glad you wrote it down. I need to be better about that.
to funny...i love conversations like this
I'd make him sign a contract on that one! Show it to him in a few years! ;)
Heather, that is so cute! His reasoning is so classic! I wonder if he was meaning that his travels would not give him time to be home with a family? Love that kid!
Post a Comment