Monday, September 27, 2010

The Hunger Games

No this post is not about the wildly popular book series (although I did enjoy them) this is about a challenge I am beginning today. My sister jokingly entitled it "The Hunger Games" but really, it shouldn't leave us too hungry if we do it right and hopefully no one will die!

It is called "8 Weeks to a Better You." It is a program that sets goals or challenges in all areas of life (sleep, exercise, eating, and personal areas like journal writing (a.k.a. blogging), scripture reading and random acts of kindness). A friend of mine started the whole idea....when I agreed to do it, there were just 18 of us involved. Well now it is almost 100. There is a money prize involved but I have no aspirations on the cash, I just want to take control of my life in more ways than one. Some people don't need external motivators or strict rules to keep them going....I do.

Anyway, so here we go on an 8 week roller coaster ride. Writing in a journal daily is one of the challenges, but I won't blog EVERY day....I have a pen & paper journal too and a "Writing Your Life Story" project to work on so I'll spare you the monotonous details of my daily life, but expect to hear from me more than you usually would.

I am excited for the challenge, I really NEED this challenge. A challenge against me and my will power. It is fun that my mom, a childhood friend and a sister are doing this with me (along with many other friends from AZ). The more the merrier. It just started today, so if you want to join click here:

http://8weekstoabetteryou.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Beth said...

Wow, that sounds like a great idea! I read their requirements and all- what a good challenge! In fact Karli Hughes used to be in my ward from Tucson, kind of cool.

Good luck Heather!

jeannie said...

YAY I'm so excited this will be fun and challenging for me too! I love that your mom is doing it too. I should have told my mom about it. I did however round up as many people here as I could so I won't be alone :) good luck!

Day Family Blog said...

I looked at some of the scores that came in and I was surprised that many of them didn't have perfect scores. I have to go make Brad's lunch. I will repeat to myself, don't snitch the cheese, don't snitch the cheese :)