Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Holy Huge Pumpkin

So I was sitting outside today, reading to the little kids on the grass
-- which has become our daily ritual after lunch--
(we are soaking up the rays of every last nice day...because we know they are numbered)
Anyway....we see this truck drive by with a massive orange "thing" in the back.
When it pulled into our next door neighbor's driveway, I sent the kids to investigate.

It was the world's biggest pumpkin!
She said it weighs 610 lbs but they have grown ones in the past as big as 1000 lbs.
CRAZY!!!



Can you believe that?!


I really don't plan to blog EVERY day
while doing my "8 weeks to a Better You" journal Challenge
....but when freakishly big pumpkins go driving down the street
....whatcha gonna do?
Ya gotta blog it.

7 comments:

jess said...

how fun! cute pictures!

Rochelle Brunson said...

That is so cool!

Abby Gail said...

Great blog to read on the first day of October! FUNNY! I've seen them on t.v. but there you have one right in your neighbors driveways! Cute pics.

Day Family Blog said...

Can't believe that, what kind of steroids was that sucker on? Like seriously did it take it 2 years to get that big, did they plant it in the dead of winter and then cover it with a super warm blanket? Cuz Rexburg doesn't exactly have the longest growing season. CRAZY!!

Wendy said...

That is GYNORMOUS!!! I bet your kids were in heaven.

Sarah said...

That is one big pumpkin. I can only imagine seeing a pumpkin that big driving down the street. So funny.

Grannie said...

Yeah.......was that right for"yes"? Anyway, I was questioning the growing season too! Not to burst your "pumpkin", but we saw an incredible display in the Bellagio in Vegas. It was with all kinds of fall flowers and decorations, and dispersed among all that were 6 huge pumpkins with their weights displayed in front of them. one was 800 something, one was 900 something, and one was over a 1000 pounds! I just kept staring and touching them to prove they were real!