Monday, September 20, 2010

Summer Saga Part 7 (the final installment): Bear Lake (again)

Our last "Hurrah" of the Summer
A Bear Lake weekend with the Morris Family
LONG time friends (I've been friends with Brian since I was 5 or 6) now live close
.... and our kids have now become great friends.
It was so fun to spend a weekend together at one of our favorite places on earth.

Here's the gang. Our 4 kids and their 6 kids.


I was trying for a "feet in the sand" picture.
But Sadie kept wiggling her toes and they sunk in the sand.
After 3 tries....I gave up. She is toe-less.


My kids. Doesn't Renae look cheery!!!!



Mason posing. Isn't he cool? He thinks he is.
I wonder what he'll think of this picture in 5-10 years :)


Alli and Renae -- a perfect match



Colby loves swimming, jet skiing & looking for shells


Sadie LOVED being covered in sand. Ewwww.
I can hardly stand to look at it. I hate sand on anything but my feet.
She just rolled in it...I couldn't keep her out of it.

I didn't take any pictures, but that night we went to our first Demolition Derby.
I KNOW, how red-neck can you get?!?
But the kids loved it and it wasn't nearly as dumb as I imagined.
We all had fun.
Thanks Morrises for introducing us to the "wild-side" of Bear Lake.


And that was our summer in a nutshell. A big, big nutshell. Sorry.
It started out as a fun idea, but it dragged on. Forgive me.
Back to current events & random thoughts soon.



3 comments:

Rachael said...

No need to apologize. It was fun to see and hear more about your summer adventures. I admire you for being so adventurous and for sticking with your goal to report on it all.

Jessica Reid said...

Man, what a fun summer! I'm exhausted just reading it:) I'm also secretly jealous because I had to save all my vacation time for the baby, so no fun trips for us.

Grannie said...

I'm proud of you Heather, recording all those memories. You'll be glad. I have only blurred memories of what we did when your were kids. What a fun family you are!