Monday, September 13, 2010

Summer Saga Part 5: The Cameron Family Reunion


THE CAMERON FAMILY REUNION
2010

We had Eric's family reunion in Rexburg this year. Lucky us.
No really, we were lucky, there is no sarcasm in that statement.
Eric was still in school so if it had been anywhere else, we would have missed it.
Eric's sister Debbie also lives in Rexburg so together we were hostesses of the whole shin-dig.
It was a blast and I would do it again in a heart-beat.
43 People
23 stayed at my house.
17 stayed at Debbie's house.
3 in a hotel.
Was it crowded? Yes.
Was it a bit crazy? Yes.
Was it fun? Oh yes!!


I love this picture of Eric & his siblings. Good lookin' group.
Yep, there's 8 of them. Standing in age order from left - right.

I don't know about you, but in our family, half of a reunion is about eating.
We ate a lot of meals on our front lawn. No house could hold us all.
No one complained. We had perfect weather and it was easy clean up.

The kids had SO much fun. Just to give you an idea of some of the numbers...
there were 6 five year olds....
4 eight year olds...
3 three year old girls....
well you get the picture.
COUSINS GALORE!


We took lots of fun side trips too.
Mesa Falls. An amazing picture taken by Sister-in-law Erin.

So funny Lauren!

A log full of cousins posing at Big Springs. 25 Cousins to be exact!

Yellowstone. Renae with her twin cousins.

I know, I know. It's not a family picture.
But I love the buffalo in Yellowstone!
And this was a great picture taken from the side of the road by my SIL Erin.


Speaking of great pictures. Erin (sister in law) is an amazing photographer.
She took around 6000 pictures at the reunion.
And so many of them are blog worthy...it was hard to pick & choose.
Here are four really fun action/water shots she took of my kids.






At the end of the day it was all about spending quality time with the ones we love.
I'm glad we did it.
Thanks everyone who helped make it so wonderful.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Fun times. So glad we did it. You guys were great!

Erin said...

We had a great time Heather! I am so glad almost everyone was able to make it. Only one person missing with a family our size is a pretty good turnout! :) Thanks for hosting us all. Heather was an awesome hostess everyone! You'd think there would've been a few mental breakdowns with that many people in her home at once, but I didn't see any. Maybe Eric has a different story for us! :)

Abby Gail said...

Fun...I'm going to just post a link to your recap. It was wonderful! I'm looking forward to making a scrapbook of all the cousins for Abby! Good times!