Sunday, October 30, 2011

8 weeks to a Better You

I am doing the "8 Weeks to a Better You" Challenge. Some of you may remember me doing this last year in October/November. The challenge has 10 points or rules. You earn a point for each of the rules that you do each day. I thrive on the structure (I am a crazy list maker) and it MAKES me do the things that I should and want to be doing anyway. It started today (yes, the day before Halloween) and it ends on Christmas Eve. Crazy, huh? I may be crazy, but I really need to do this....for myself.

My sister Janelle and one of my best friends, Jessica, are doing it with me. Yay! Having friends who can sympathize helps a lot. I look forward to pushing myself and forcing myself to make better decisions (mostly in what I eat) than I have been doing lately. The challenge also incorporates some non-physical things. It is a great whole life make-over. After last years challenge I loved the non-food related parts so much that I incorporated them into my life and have been doing most of them daily for a whole year now. Wish I could say I loved the food parts enough to keep doing those! Maybe this time, those will stick!

So wish me luck. Here are my Challenge Rules:
1. Get 7 hours of sleep
2. Exercise 45 min
3. Drink 8 glasses of water (64 oz total)
4. Eat 2 fruits and 2 veggies
5. No Junk Food or Soda (this is open to lots of interpretation which I won't go into here)
6. No sugar
7. No eating after 8pm
8. Write in your Journal Daily
9. Read spiritually uplifting stuff for 15 min
10. Do a "Random Act of Kindness" or service

Oh, and important thing to note....the thing that makes this challenge bearable is that you get a Free Day once a week where you don't have to do any of the rules. That day is heaven!

The motto or mantra of this challenge is YOU CAN DO HARD THINGS. I am set to prove that to myself, yet again. Doing a holiday challenge will be brutal...but I am ready.  Bring it on!

1 comment:

Lowell said...

I'm part of Toastmasters (a speech club) in Boise, and today and actually speaking on journal writing. One of my goals for this year is to write an entry for every day. In reality, it's played out with the majority of my entries being done a few days afterwards, trying to remember what happened. But I left that open to interpretation. :) Hope it's going well!