I took a quick trip down to Logan UT the last weekend of September. I went to visit my sister Janelle -- we were going to can peaches & pears -- and she was blessing her baby in church on Sunday. I decided to take my 2 girls down with me to play with her girls. We had a great time and packed in a lot of fun.
Janelle treated the kids to a treat from the ice cream man.
I don't think my kids had ever done that before.
They thought it was so cool.
Ya gotta love things that turn your tongue blue. Ewwww.
Sadie & Maddie are just a few months apart & had a great time
Here are the fruits of our labor (no pun intended).
It was long hard, back breaking work...
but I love eating home-canned peaches & pears in the middle of winter. Yum!
After a long hard day of canning, we spent a long hard night cleaning.
Janelle was having a party for her inlaws after church on Sunday
and we needed to get the house in spit-spot shape.
We scrubbed & scoured & tidied and when all else failed -- we hid things!
It is kind of fun to clean a house that isn't your own.
Sunday, Baby Becca was blessed. She is a doll. She is so sweet & mild mannered.
I don't think I've ever seen such a mellow baby.
Beautiful mommy & baby
Renae was a BIG help with the kids & the baby while we were canning.
She loves babysitting & we loved having her.
Not pictured: My sister-in-law Amy & her daughter Abby came over for a visit our first night there. We had some good chatting time & enjoyed some Blue Aggie ice cream. On the other night, Janelle & I went to the General Women's Meeting for our church. It was so fun to go with my sister and to hear the inspiring & uplifting messages for the women of our church. Thanks for letting us come Janelle. We had a great time.
1 comment:
I think that is so funny how you describe the canning as long hard, back breaking work, and Janelle seemed to say it was fun on her blog. Funny that you said it was fun to clean someone else's house too. LOL
Post a Comment