Sunday, October 23, 2011

First Snow

We had our first snow of the season on October 6. It was during our kids' Harvest Break. They had 10 days off school so that the farmers could get the potato crop in. Many of the high schoolers work long grueling hours that whole week (or they planned to) but the weather did not cooperate. We had rain the first half of the week and then snow. Sad for the farmers...but it was so fun for the kids. You would think that they would be sick of the stuff. Nope. They were so excited. And I'll admit, I was too. The first snow fall is special. Kind of magical. And the fact that it all melted away in 2 days made it perfect!!

Looks just like a dusting of powdered sugar

I think it is safe to say: the flowers are done
(at least the front row)

Our trees haven't even turned fall colors yet.
But the red & green makes me think of Christmas!

The kids wanted to get all bundled up and play in it.
They soon found that there just wasn't enough for sledding or snowmen.
But they still had fun.

There was enough snow for snowballs. Yay!


But lest you feel jealous (or sorry for us) just know that we have had lovely weather every since.
Cool, crisp, perfect fall weather. I couldn't ask for anything better.

No comments: