I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I've been challenging myself to read something Spiritually Uplifting for just a few minutes everyday. I read scriptures, biographies of religious leaders, church magazines, etc. While some concepts are LDS (or Mormon) specific, more often than not I find amazing universal truths that could pertain to anyone. Often I read something and I think -- who can I share this with? Or, wouldn't so-and-so really relate to this thought? Or, what's-her-name really needs this message in her life right now. Or maybe it is just a message that is meaningful to me and I want a place to write it down. Anyway...this is my Uplifting or Thought Provoking post henceforth to be known as "Monday's Musings."
This is a favorite quote of mine by Marjorie Pay Hinckley -- the wife of one of the former Presidents of our church.
"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
This captures how I hope to live my life. I love it!!!
3 comments:
That is one of my favorite quotes as well! I love it!!
Good quote, thanks Hea!
I have that one on my fridge at home! She was such an adorable lady. I look at your pictures of snow and am sooo not ready for that yet! Brrrrr!!
Post a Comment