Thursday, October 27, 2011

Halloween Here We Come

I may not be Halloween's biggest fan...but I try. I try to make it fun for the kids...I try to set family traditions that they can look back fondly on...I try not to complain TOO much about the pain, annoyance & trial of finding costumes for 4 kids. I did break down last night and text "I hate Halloween" to Eric after walking out of the 3rd store empty-handed in our quest to find Mason a costume last night. But we finally met with success at the 4th store so Halloween and I are back on speaking terms.

But here are a few of the Halloween traditions we do embrace -- funny how they all involve eating! I guess snacks and candy is at the heart of Halloween, right?

CARMEL APPLES
I forgot the popsicle sticks...but plastic forks work just as well...maybe better.

Then Eric decided to channel his inner baker and made the apples all gourmet. YUMMY!



SUGAR COOKIES
We had the Lawrence cousins over for this annual event

Kaiden dug right in

Kendal had a little mishap with the sprinkles. The more the better, right?

Kayla was a happy camper with her candy corn cookies.

Sadie showing off her creations

Colby being a pig. Oink!

Mairin (my almost daughter) & Renae

Mason made a self portrait pumpkin

What a delicious sight. We gave away a few plates to new neighbors
to prevent us from eating TOO many.


 Chocolate Suckers
We have these fun candy molds that we love to fill every year.
Walmart even had some good Halloween colors this year in their Wilton Candy Melts.
Sadie's ghost

Colby attacking his spider

Renae's Jack-o-lantern

Mason's....uhhhhh, I'm not sure. A broom, maybe?


The Witch Is In
A fun project I made at a Super Saturday craft day.
I may leave it up all year...to warn people to beware when I am feeling "witchy"


Halloween Flashback
And this is a flashback from the far, far past.
Try 1986 -- I was 10. 
I distinctly remember Kenny wearing that outfit...a lot. Not just for Halloween! 




4 comments:

Wendy said...

I remember Kenny in that costume every time I saw him as a kid! He loved that suit! All your treats look delish!

Rachael said...

Wow, what a warm-up for the Halloween candy with all those treats! I haven't been consistent with any of those traditions, but they look tempting. I was laughing about your costume hunt for Mason. You have been planning Thanksgiving for weeks, but you procrastinated Halloween costumes. It must not be your favorite holiday, and truly that part of it is a pain. Glad you are sharing our kid pic!

Arianne said...

Your treats look yummy! I feel your pain on Halloween, not my favorite either. I'm just too lazy and getting toddlers in and out of costumes is such a chore! I endure, knowing that Thanksgiving is around the corner - now that's a holiday I LOVE!

Cheryl said...

Amazing... you do more than Try! I can totally see Camille's resemblance to Janelle in that picture. Wow... love the flash back pic's.