Bet you thought I would skip my Monday's Musings....since it is Halloween and all. But this one has been simmering in my mind since the day I read it. When I read this scripture -- found in the New Testament in Ephesians Chapter 4 -- a few weeks ago, it just jumped out at me.
29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.
Is everything out of my mouth edifying? Is there every bitterness or wrath in my heart or words? Yes, too often. This is a powerful reminder to me to be kinder and more forgiving of others. To watch more carefully the words that come out of my mouth. I just loved it. So simple and clear.
Oh, and Happy Halloween!!! Time to get the Pumpkin Stew out of the oven and start partying!
2 comments:
Wow! That is seriously my new favorite scripture! I've also been thinking about it since reading it in Sunday School a couple weeks ago. We just discussed it in FHE last night because we have had way too much arguing around here lately and we are all going to work on being more kind. I want to make a poster of it or something to remind us. I also like verse 30 which you left out.
I really like that!! I'm going to have to make that into some kind of hanging to go on a wall in my house.
Post a Comment