Friday, November 11, 2011

DONE!

Christmas shopping is done. And I never had to leave my office chair.

Eric and I spent the last few weeks making a list (as an Excel spreadsheet of course) and checking it twice. Then we did our online research....compared products and prices, read reviews...found promo codes, found ways to get free shipping...and then spent the last 2 days getting it all bought. It is DONE! Of course the morning after we finished Renae informed me that she no longer wanted something that she had mentioned before. Oh well. It's done. I'm just happy to have it off my "things to stress about list."

If you've never tried online shopping....I can't speak highly enough of it. No crowds, no on the spot decision, no running around from place to place searching for that one item. You really should try it.

Now, of course there are a few more things to buy -- stocking stuffers, teacher gifts (although I have that mostly taken care of), stamps for Christmas cards (but the cards are done), and a few odds and ends. This is just a whole new feeling for me....I used to START Christmas shopping the week before Christmas but I have slowly been getting it done earlier and earlier and our goal to do it before Thanksgiving seemed a bit crazy, but I am so glad we did. Now some of you are thinking....what about Black Friday deals or Cyber Monday??? Oh well. It is done. Maybe I could have saved a few dollars, but my peace of mind is priceless.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Congratulations Heather! Doesn't it feel great? I've finished too except for my brothers and Dad- ugh. Not easy people to buy for. I was trying to push it off on Devin, but I know that's not a good idea. Anyway, way to go! Now sit back and enjoy the holidays! :)

jess said...

oh my word!! I am so impressed! And inspired. I have bought two things so far, so I have a ways to go. Congratulations, now you can really soak up the season!

Cheryl said...

It is so nice to be able to sit back and just enjoy the holidays instead of worry about getting things done, or getting to the best sale. Wendy tackled Tanner's all the day after Halloween. Love it when they want boy dress up's!!

Rachael said...

No comment. Actually you are a dork! But whatever floats your boat. Maybe I'm just jealous. :)