Monday, November 21, 2011

Monday's Musings

I just wanted to start off the Thanksgiving week with a couple more thoughts on Gratitude.

Gratitude is a form of returning love to God.
I heard that in church yesterday and it really struck me. How do we show our love to God?? That is one of the best ways I can think of. I really like that.

And I wanted to share the words to my favorite Thanksgiving song. Have you ever noticed that there aren't many (or any) mainstream/popular or well known Thanksgiving songs. Why? I think that is sad. I am a purist (some may say an extremist) in my separation of holidays. I don't like to mix them. For me, Christmas songs are taboo until Thanksgiving is over. But I wish there were some good Thanksgiving songs I could hum or sing to my kids or listen to in the car. Oh well. But here is a Thanksgiving song I learned as a child and that I have taught to my children too. Renae is even learning to play it on the piano.

When I think of the blessings I have every day,
I feel very thankful as I kneel to pray.
And I tell Heavenly Father that I'm very sure
Of things I am most thankful for:

"A mother, a father,
A friend to play, a sunny day.
The gospel light shining bright --
Thank Thee, Lord," I say.


I really am thankful for my many blessings...not the least of which is all of YOU! My friends and family are one of my most precious blessings and I thank the Lord for the love I feel from my amazing support system. How did I get so lucky??

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: