Sunday, November 13, 2011

Random Photos & Stories

This is just a collection of incidents and pictures that didn't seem "blog worthy" alone...but I also didn't want to forget about and wanted to share.


I know. This looks bad. But she is fine.
The city had just come by and painted a new crosswalk stripe on the corner next to our house.
No one exactly saw what happened but somehow Sadie slipped and fell in the crosswalk paint.
She was crying because she was mad I was taking a picture -- not because she was hurt.
It was so funny. She had paint all up and down one side of her.
I went out to the crosswalk...expecting to see a Sadie outline or imprint but no...
There was no sign of her little episode.

*****

This is Sadie (in blue) with her friend Allie and my friend Katherine
 watching the Homecoming Parade.
Small towns do cool things like Homecoming Parades down Main Street.
The high school let all their kids out early and
the Elementary School kids walked the 2 blocks down to the parade.
Sadie came home with a TON of candy which she nicely shared with all her siblings.
Fun times.

*****

We had a short but hard rainstorm in late September.
The kids threw on their jackets -- well Sadie put on her winter boots, hat & coat --
grabbed some umbrellas and went to jump in puddles.
The discovered the fun of floating things down the hill in the gutter.
They were entertained for a LONG time racing leaves and sticks.
Ahhhhhh, childhood.

*****

These are 2 of Colby's "best friends" -- they are twins that live next door to us.
Yes, they are a bit older than Colby. They are 18, to be exact.
But Colby adores them and they seem to really have a good time with Colby.
Colby begged and begged for weeks to have a stick/sword fighting battle with them.
The kindly obliged and this was the result.
It was highly entertaining for swordfighters and spectators alike.

*****

I bought these matching dresses for my girls on clearance at Walmart.
I loved them.
My girls have only had matching dresses one other time in their life.
SHOCKER, I know. What kind of mom am I???
In my defense: they are 5 years apart (which makes it difficult to find matching dresses)
and I rarely by new dresses (we are big hand-me-down & second hand store fans)
So --
I just couldn't resist taking a couple pictures of them.
This was my favorite.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Good stories, and I love that picture of your girls! I am the same way with dresses, only matching ones we ever had was for family pictures once I think.

Rochelle Brunson said...

That crosswalk story is so funny! Too bad there wasn't a sadie print in it. It would have made for a fun picture!