Well for all my complaining about the stresses of Halloween (sorry about that)...I realized that I really do enjoy parts of it. One of those parts that I get "in to" is making fun, festive Halloween themed foods and treats. Here are a sample of some of my new recipes and some tried & true ones (all the recipes were found online -- except the Pumpkin Stew which was from a college roommate).
Spiderweb dip & homemade ghost & bat chips. These were delicious and really not hard.
You use a cookie-cutter with tortillas & season them and bake in the oven.
And look how stinkin' cute they are!!!! We took these to a party.
A classic -- witch hat cookies.
Mine were looking kind of lame (back row) --technical difficulties with the frosting
and then Eric showed me up & made some nice ones.
Spider crackers....a fun & easy one we've done for years.
A great after school snack.
Our traditional pumpkin stew on Halloween night. Yummy.
Eric's pumpkin masterpiece. I loved the "scared & running away" look.
Sadie as a jaguar. She was fierce & cuddly!
Colby as a black Ninja. He was sneaky & intense!
Renae as an 80's Rock Star.
The funniest part of getting this costume together (which was entirely HER idea)
was trying to get her to understand the styles of the 80's.
Did they wear bell bottoms? No. Did they wear Peace Signs? No.
We had to turn to the internet to give examples. I wished I just had my old clothes.
With limited resources -- I think she captured it pretty well.
And here's one we had never seen before but Mason was very excited about...
NACHO LIBRE
Have you seen the movie? If not, this costume makes no sense to you,
but my hubby & kids think it is the most hilarious movie and can quote large portions of it.
Notice the chip bag as a trick-or-treat bag. All part of the Nacho persona. He had a lot of fun.
The trick-or-treating gang....my 4 plus Mairin (of course).
They had a great time -- it was chilly, but not frigid.
They brought home LOTS of loot.
1 comment:
cute costumes, and super cute festive foods!
Post a Comment