Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving - Part I

We went to Utah to spend Thanksgiving weekend with my family. We stayed with my older sister Rachael and her family and spent most of our time there. But we also saw my younger sister & her family, my grandparents, 3 aunts, 2 uncles, 4 of my cousins and an old college roommate. To me, that is what Thanksgiving is all about -- spending time with loved ones...well that and the eating :)

During the Thanksgiving weekend we had an “I am Thankful” jar where we all put down things we were thankful for on little strips of paper. Then at the end of the weekend, my sister read them out loud to all of us. There were funny ones, spiritual ones, practical ones and everything in between. Colby put a TON of them in the jar. He is just beginning to really write on his own and he just loved writing down things he was thankful for and adding them to the jar. His spelling is classic 1st grade writing -- very phonetic and very creative. I saved some of his strips and I am going to share a few of my favorite ones here:


ants and uncel

black outs – Colby loves when the power goes out!

edveters (adventures)

tecnolijee (technology)

chickin

star wars

veeickels (vehicles)

cuntorees (countries)

outdoors

There were also lots of the ordinary answers spelled correctly like family, cousins, friends, etc. His mind goes a mile a minute and his inventive spelling is at a really fun stage.

I am actually proud of myself for how many pictures I took. But it is late and those will follow in the next post.

1 comment:

Rochelle Brunson said...

cant wait to see some pictures.